METRO/CRIME

Four Injure In Lagos Gas Explosion

 

Three adults and a 4-year-old girl, Faridat Shittu sustained a high degree of burns during gas explosion that occured on Sunday at 1, Odubanwo Street. Off Olaniyi Street, Gbinrinmi in Ojokoro Local Council Development Area of Lagos state.

NewsBeatng gathered that the explosion emanated from a cooking gas used in the house of the victims.

It was also gathered that thee whole building of 14 rooms including shops completely burnt down in rubbles thereby rendering 11 families homeless.

The victims were said to have been rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, (LASUTH) Ikeja where they were battling to survive.

Confirming the incident, the South West Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye in a statement, said the grandmother of the little girl was frying meat at about 2pm yesterday when the incident occurred.

Farinloye stated that suddenly the oil caught flame and efforts to control it proved abortive, leading to explosion of the cooking gas.

According to him, the girl was sleeping in the room when the incident happened on Sunday at about 2 pm but she was rescued successfully by some community members and other injured victims.

“The whole building of 14 rooms including shops completely went down in rubbles due to the intensity of the explosion thereby rendering 11 families homeless.

“The landlord of the victims, Pa Femi Odubanwo Solomon, disclosed that neighbours saved him from dying in the incident as he was initially trapped and is presently squatting in a church opposite his destroyed house.”

ALSO READ  EFCC Arraigns UBA Staff Over N452million Scam In Onitsha

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button